Become a Franchisee
Home : Become a Franchisee
Mac Tools... Great to work with
Currently Mac Tools franchises are only available in the UK. Interest in becoming a franchisee in the USA, please visit www.mactools.com
Mac Tools is a full member of the British Franchise Association and part of Stanley Black & Decker, a $11+ billion global organisation employing over 30,000 people worldwide and owner of the world famous Stanley and DeWalt brands.
Our franchisees are trusted distributors of what we consider to be the best quality tools on the market to customers such as car dealerships, automotive repair shops, manufacturing units and engineering companies.
So, if you have the desire and passion to work for yourself, available cash of £15,000 and the ability to build relationships, Mac Tools is the franchise to drive your future.
Check out the DVD for an insight into the Mac Tools franchise opportunity
As a Mac Tools franchisee – as with any franchise – your success depends on the investment you are prepared and able to make. That investment will be both personal (time and effort) and financial.
The total franchise package costs £50,000. Unlike many other franchises, the bulk of this cost is starter stock that you will sell on at a profit, and includes everything you need to get started.
We have 100 franchisees operating in the UK with a potential UK tools market of over £150 million. Existing Mac Tools franchisees are typically earning gross profits ranging from £50,000 to £75,000 from one territory and there are various territories available across the country.
Our territories typically include around 180 automotive locations making it bigger than those of similar franchise opportunities. The opportunity is there for you to build the goodwill asset value of your territory and sell it as a going concern to an existing or new Mac Tools franchisee.
Your life as a Mac Tools franchise owner
This is an exciting opportunity for you to be your own boss and work from home. To fulfil that dream of owning your own business.
Mac Tools provides you with a professionally equipped van which will be stocked with a wide and world class range of products for you to sell. The Mac Tools line consists of over 8000 professional tools including screwdrivers, ratchets, wrenches and assorted air tools, as well as its own toolboxes.
You will be allocated a territory, with a database of all the known automotive relevant outlets within it, which will give you a minimum of 300 potential customers from the day you start. You will then be able to sell directly to customers by calling into their workshops on a regular and reliable basis.
There is no charge from Mac Tools for ongoing royalties so you keep 100% of your profit.
What you can expect from Mac Tools
Mac Tools provides a full support team. Here are some examples of the help you will receive:
Your Mac Tools licence
- Allows you to operate under the highly reputable Mac Tools brand.
- Gives you a proven system to help you build your own successful business.
- Provides access to the comprehensive and innovative Mac Tools branded product range.
- Allows access to Stanley Black & Decker's first-class Facom, Britool Expert and DeWalt brands.
- Gives the ability to build your territory into a valuable asset and sell on as a going concern.
- You will be flown to the USA for product, sales and business training at Mac Tools’ ‘Tool School’ in Columbus, Ohio.
- You will receive market specific and business planning training as part of your UK Induction.
- You will spend time with your Franchisee Support Manager and current franchisees in the field.
- Ongoing training, development and support will be provided.
Professional marketing support
- Promotional flyers, catalogues, information leaflets and online support will help you to drive sales.
- There are regular regional meetings where you’ll meet other franchisees, receive training and can take advantage of new products and promotions.
- You can attend the Toolfair exhibition which offers an opportunity to meet other franchisees and buy the latest tools.
- You will have access to exclusive sponsorship and brand recognition deals.
What does Mac Tools expect from you?
- Experience is an advantage, but attitude is essential
- Previous sales and business experience and a basic knowledge of mechanics’ tools will help
- People skills
- Financial stability, clear credit history and liquid capital of £15,000
- Full driving licence
If you have the desire and passion to work for yourself, available cash of £15,000 and the ability to build relationships, Mac Tools is the franchise to drive your future.
To find out more and join the best team on the road: